Thursday, June 20, 2013

FBFs: How Well Do You Know Them?

Facebook Friend! That's what "FBF" means, (and I checked it out at InternetSlang.com). How many Facebook Friends or FBFs do you have in your friends list? Do you know all of them?

Fulfilling! I did have a very tiresome yet worthwhile afternoon today by checking who are in my list, more than 13 hundreds of them. Not too many, compared to those who have full account which means more than five thousand. I saw family members, relatives, namesakes, former classmates, block mates, schoolmates, town mates, office mates, board mates, dorm mates, friends, acquaintances, mentors, inspirations, and a handful of strangers that I have to check later on. The latter, I have accepted for reasons like too many mutual friends, same hometown, or mere trustworthiness. I wrote all names on a 17-page yellow paper because that would be the most convenient way for me to search them and visit respective pages. I'm not techie enough to have 'captured' the page or downloaded them, (if at all possible). 

Foolishness? Not really. Those I am most familiar with, I really want to get in touch. Those names which are strange, I would want to get to know well. And those which are fictitious, empty or dummy accounts, I wouldn't be guilty to delete on my list, in order to accommodate more interesting people who would want to be friends with me on Facebook. 

Friends are treasures, so goes the saying; and I want to keep them close to my heart. Now, how well do you know your FBFs?

PART 1: ANGELS in my LIST 

Today, I just had a chat with Rence. I met him at the 1st Laguna Blogging Summit (1LaBS), then I joined his Postal Heritage Tour last December. He asked me if I would want to promote my books at the Royal Postal Heritage Tour that we are going to have on the 21st of July 2013; to which I agreed. Just a few minutes after posting at the events page, I already got orders from people I met in the tour last year.

Also today, I invited some FBFs to like my new page Queen's Gems where samples of the bead jewelry I have been designing are posted... and I saw some angel friends who readily heeded to my call. Oh, I love friends who support my projects! Not just bead-making but even my events and advocacy.

I have this habit of searching my name through Google, another craziness that I share with those people who do it. And I found newspaper articles about some of my activities written by yet other angels on my friends list. 

Getting to know my FBFs better will continue as I document little details here. I am richer today than yesterday as I have found FBFs who are angels in disguise; not to mention the endless joy and excitement  brought to me by my word buddies in Words with Friends, mental challenge and entertainment right where I may be.

How about me, am I also an angel to them? I try my best to return the favors. Human relations are give and take. It's a two-way process.

COMMENTS that ENRICH, LIKES that INSPIRE  

I love reading comments from friends. I learn a lot from them. It doesn't matter whether they are highly academic or not. Every comment on each thread is meant to be read and even one-liners or just a word can make a difference.

I give comments and like pictures too. There had been a few times when I got bothered with posts which  signal suicidal tendencies that I did my best to let my friend see the better side of life. One friend, a municipal mayor, even joked that my comments are paragraphs--- to which I replied, "that's why I had my blog, my comments cannot be contained in a small box." I find it enriching to exchange ideas about everything under the sun. Some I know some I don't. It also gives me an opportunity to research or just Google once in a while.

Even "likes" inspire us most of the time, especially when the person who clicks the like button is special to us, or rarely does it. Have you had that awkward feeling that no one likes the post that you expected friends to like? Even Facebook usage is a learning experience!

READING POSTS, REVISING QUOTES

I read posts. Even long ones if I have time. These are opportunities to learn something out of it, and get to know your friend who posted it as well. Quotes that flood may sometimes reflect the person who posted it, though other times they just find it cute and may not have anything to do with them. I have this habit of revising quotes to fit me or my friends. We don't always have to agree on what we see. The keyword is learning and entertainment. Social networking must be fun, it must be light, and it must always revolve on the essence of keeping our FBFs and getting to know them better!

UPDATE with STATUS and ACHIEVEMENTS

Good news is all around, and so are the bad ones. By checking on the status of our FBFs, we become updated with the goings-on. We even have continuous news feed about them, all it takes is to go online.  

No comments: